Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The trip to 7th Heaven (Restaurant)

It all started from a mail on my ID,
My ex-Flat Mates had invited me for my farewell party!
And more exciting than party was the trip on the car,
For it was our dear old Nikie's very own brand new Wagon R.

We were to be liberated of that shared auto stigma,
The black-thing was expected to dazzle onlookers with its charisma.
I plunged right in and could see the perpectual end to my travelling travail,
"Turn on the audio and let the music prevail".

From the driver's seat Nikie turned,
"Audio?" he exclaimed, his voice stunned...
My car is new and I am a novice driver,
Sit silent and don't disturb or you will be doomed forever!

I shuddered when I realised my situation,
Nikie was a driver soaked in perspiration.
On his side sat Rohit,taut with tension,
His eyes on road, wide open with concern and attention.

Finally the ignition key turned and the engine roared,
My heart was thrilled and my spirits soared.
Nikie was nervous and Rohit grunted with a scoff-
"Tighten your seat belt guys we are all set to take-off!"

The black-thing shook and with a jerk it lunged forward,
I prayed for my life, was I a coward?
I whispered Rohit to atleast turn the AC on,
He pressed a button and a blast of warm air was thrown..

"Not this button stupid", Nikie muttered,
The moment his eyes turned away from road, the vehicle shuddered.
"Hey you manage the car, we don't need AC"..I cried aloud..
But my exclaimation was drowned in Nikie's shout.

The car seemed to follow a twisted trajectory,
Where it was going seemed to be a devlish mystery..
"Please for God's sake manage the car", we all cried..
"Oh..I thought its a turn", he replied with a wry smile!

A turn of steering and the car took the proper course,
Outside, a group of cool damsels gave us a look most morose..
Impression was a far thing our group was drowned..
On the main road we were like a bunch of novice clowns!

Now cautiously, we trailed behind a huge truck,
While shared autos and scooters merrily overtook us.
"Try to overtake that", I ventured an advice..
"I dare not", came Nikie's terse and final reply.

Rohit was Nikie's manual GPS, his guide on this tour,
For when on wheel Nikie seemed to forget all traffic rules!
And I was aghast when suddenly the car careened..
Nikie's innocent voice boomed:"Please tell me if the signal is green!"

The car trudged on and Nikie kept explaining..
"When on wheel I concentrate only on driving,
I forget the signals, I don't care about roads
So I may not always follow a straight course!"

I cursed the moment when I accepted this offer,
But the turns of destiny were beyond my power!
I thought it would be a smooth ride but I was mistaken,
I wondered if our destination was aptly named as "Seventh Heaven"!

Finally after multiple gaffes, twists and turns,
When my appetite was lost and my mind was numb...
We reached our destination and as Nikie zoomed into parking slot,
With a heavy jerk of sudden braking the car came to a stop.

The last jerk gave my head the final thud against the front seat,
Engine fell silent and our journey was complete.
We travelled 20 Km an hour, what an incredible speed!
My heart told me never to accept offer for such treats.

But as we chatted over the dinner and stuffed our plate,
I thought that I had gathered a pretty interesting experience to narrate.
It was an adventurous journey,with a happy end,
Thats why I have accepted Nikie's offer for another long drive this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home